I am looking for some insight to get an idea on licensing for a Windows 200x server. Currently we are using Novell and are going to be switching out to Windows but have a few questions first. Can anyone help me out and answer a couple questions listed below?
- Our student enrollment is 950 students, with only 450 getting onto server(s).
- 450 students to access storage on server (Server 2003 or Server 2008)
- Our staff tallies up to 150 faculty/staff.
- 150 staff accessing storage on server (Server 2003 or Server 2008)
- Within our Elementaries, we have one profile that all students can access/login to simultaneously (up to 100 at any given time).
- How is this handled via licensing?
- With the above numbers what will we be looking at for licensing?
- Is this license an annual? or can it be open license?