+ Post New Thread
Windows Server 2008 Thread, Rotating 10 static IP addresses on windows NIC on hourly basis in Technical; Hi, We have one newsletter server which sends reports and ezines to the opt-in database of 4,75,000 users four times ...

Thank Post

Rotating 10 static IP addresses on windows NIC on hourly basis

Hi,

We have one newsletter server which sends reports and ezines to the opt-in database of 4,75,000 users four times in a day. Our application is managing the mail merge and through put very well but the challenge is on mail delivery cluster. We have a cluster of 6 mail servers catering to this huge load. There is one master distribution server which we use to distribute the traffic to the 6 servers on round robin fashion therefore the load is balanced. The challenge is that these 6 mail servers if operating on one single IP address get into bulk precedence and so for that we have added 10 IP's to each windows server.
    I need to rotate these static IP's on the server on hourly basis using either some script or software for which I seek experts help. it should rotate the IP's from 1-10 each on hourly basis.

Please help

Thank you & Regards

Thank Post
    Windows Powershell script to change IP settings... powershell script to set ip address for Local Area Connection
    How to Schedule a Powershell Script... How to schedule a Windows Powershell script

Thank Post

Re: Rotating 10 static IP addresses on windows NIC on hourly basis

Hey Marci,
    Thank you for the prompt response, but unfortunately I am just unaware of the usage of powershell, can you please guide more crisply as to the right script and how can it rotate the set of 10 IP's every 30 minutes. case is i have an ip 1.2.3.4 till 13 and need to change the primary interface IP from 1 to 2 and so on from 12 to 13 and once it reaches 13 it should change back to 1 this activity should happen every 30 minutes.

Sorry for trouble but would really appreciate the help.

Thank you

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,887 Times in 1,169 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Do you *have* to send via IP address? Can you not use DNS Round Robin? It's how a fair few spammers do it for their mass mailers.

Thank Post

Hey GrumbleDook

Thank you GrumbleDook, I really dont know nor am aware how spammers use the tatics, we have a pure opt in database and messages are also transactional in nature. The issue is every email server is assigned a IP on the Network Interface Card now if more than few thousand emails are delivered with this IP then then bulk precedence gets tagged and therefore the emails start delivering in junk box. (This is a lesser problem because maximum people have added us into their address list) but the problem is that these receiving email servers like yahoo etc defer the messages and also the IP reputation on senderbase and commtouch is affected.

So what I am looking at is that if I can rotate the IP address on the NIC that would resolve the issue.

Thank you

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,887 Times in 1,169 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Sorry @bizlead ... wasn't implying you are a spammer, just that they might have the answer for you.

Can you set the delivery from the master distribution server to the mail relays / mail delivery cluster via FQDN rather than IP?

Thank Post

@GrumbleDook

Quote Originally Posted by GrumbleDook View Post
    Sorry @bizlead ... wasn't implying you are a spammer, just that they might have the answer for you.

Can you set the delivery from the master distribution server to the mail relays / mail delivery cluster via FQDN rather than IP?
    Hi,

No apologies, I never took it in that manner. I was just reiterating my point. Anyways I am using Smartermail as a Distribution server and it allows only IP based distribution. Also most important is that the Primary IP on the NIC of the windows server has to be changed so that other ISP dont defer you.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread