+ Post New Thread
Windows Server 2008 Thread, IIS7 1 Static IP split to several sites in Technical; Hi Everyone, I have 1 static IP with my ISP, with two domain names pointing at it. When the user ...

Thank Post

IIS7 1 Static IP split to several sites

Hi Everyone,

I have 1 static IP with my ISP, with two domain names pointing at it.
    When the user enters domain name, would like IIS to work out which site should be accessed by the HTTP Address used and redirect to it.

In IIS I have two Sites: Deltastream and Ceeble, so if the user goes to for example : if user goes to my first public domain name then user is taken to deltastream, and if they go to my other public domain name pointing to same ip address, go to ceeble.

Anyone know how to do this? I thought this was done with the url rewrite / redirect rules but cannot for the life of me figure it out.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,032 Times in 812 Posts
    In Apache it is dead simple; you just create a new virtualhost for each of the sites/domains. A google search for virtual hosts and IIS revealed this:

Setting Host Headers in IIS 6.0

Thank Post
    Hi there, many thanks for the reply but i have have little understanding of this and thus this did not make much sense.
    i looked at the site about iis 6 however this all seemed to be internal and what i have already tried. I didnt see anything that would tell me how to tell the webserver to direct according to which public domain hosted outside my network to the correct inside network. Apologies

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by christopher_ham22 View Post
    Hi there, many thanks for the reply but i have have little understanding of this and thus this did not make much sense.
    i looked at the site about iis 6 however this all seemed to be internal and what i have already tried. I didnt see anything that would tell me how to tell the webserver to direct according to which public domain hosted outside my network to the correct inside network. Apologies
    Bind the hostname to that website. Right click the website, edit bindings, put in appropriate hostname and IP for that site.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread