+ Post New Thread
Windows Server 2008 Thread, Server 2008 failure in Technical; Hi everybody, I running Windows Server 2008 r2 SP1 with WSUS 3.0, MDT 2010 Update1, WDS , and some other ...
    Thank Post

Server 2008 failure

Hi everybody,
    I running Windows Server 2008 r2 SP1 with WSUS 3.0, MDT 2010 Update1, WDS, and some other applications like sophos, which is experiencing some strange issues. Yesterday morning I found it
    yesterday morning with all of its program shortcuts missing, as well as Administrative Tools. I scrolled through the system log but can't really see anything related to the issue except the sophos and the console cannot be found. I have checked and the sophos enterprise console is still installed but the files in the update directory have half gone and so machines cannot update.
    I have found that files on the computer can be seen but when you click on some they come up with the message to insert the disk. I have checked the permissions and they are ok for the ntfs and the share. Also files have gone from c, d ,f drives.
    Does anyone have any ideas to might be the cause of this issue?

I have installed the raid util in windows and it loads ok but will not contact the raid.

I am in the process of putting files share onto other server from backup but this server is very ill.

Richard

Thank Post
    Are you ure your security hsn't been breached in anyway ? Is it possible someone might have gained access to an admin account and remoted into your server and started faffing about ??

Thank Post
    Hi

I have had a look and spoke to the techs and have compared against security logs and cannot say I have any evidence. I have had to chkdisk all the drives and restore the system state and the c drive to get it to work. Now the only problem I have is the corrupt files on the data drives.

Richard

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread