+ Post New Thread
Windows Server 2008 Thread, 'Deploying' ntuser.man in Technical; Hi, I understand that for mandatory profiles (on an active directory), you need to change 'ntuser.dat' to 'ntuser.man' - however, ...

Thank Post

'Deploying' ntuser.man

Hi,

I understand that for mandatory profiles (on an active directory), you need to change 'ntuser.dat' to 'ntuser.man' - however, I am puzzled where to 'deploy' it (in my setup);

Group Policy redirects the user's desktop, start menu, etc, to network shares on the domain controller (Documents = "Redirect to the user's home directory").

The user's home folder is mapped as a P drive, which again, is pointed to a network share on the domain controller.

There is no folder (as far as I'm aware) that is the 'root' of the user's profile (other than what is locally created on the client machine, when folder redirection takes effect) - where would I put ntuser.man in this case, or is it not possible?

Thank Post
    You can just create a profile share for it. Sy you have \\server\userhomeareas$ for users' redirected folders and storage, set \\server\mandatoryprofiles$ for the profiles. then stick the full profile (including Local Settings etc, whatever you have in your mandatory profile) in there, perhaps in a folder called profile1 so you can easily work on new profiles without disrupting the old. Obviously, you'll have a seperate .v2 profile for your Windows 7 machines, or just a .v2 profile if you've ditched XP.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread