+ Post New Thread
Windows Server 2008 Thread, Papercut - Pages Printed per day report in Technical; I'm trying to find a way of extracting how many pages are printed per day. The new dashboard shows a ...
    Thank Post

Papercut - Pages Printed per day report

I'm trying to find a way of extracting how many pages are printed per day. The new dashboard shows a nice graph only for the last 30 days and I'd like to be able to import the info into Excel and for a longer period too. Am I missing something really simple?

Thank Post
    I think you are - there is a drop down box that allows you to select various options, one of which is "Ad Hoc" - this lets you set a start and finish date? This is under the Reports tab, Printer.

Thank Post
    Nope, not quite what I want. All I want is the total number of pages printed per day through the server.

Thank Post
    Ah - I see what you mean.. no, doesn't seem to be anything for that.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
    I think you are - there is a drop down box that allows you to select various options, one of which is "Ad Hoc" - this lets you set a start and finish date? This is under the Reports tab, Printer.
    You're right about the Ad-hoc option, but maybe select Group and not printers.
    Ad-hoc in not limited to manipulate the time-frame but also the target the groups that you want to display plus loads of other features.

Click on Group tab under Reports.
    Group printing - summary - choosing Ad-hoc, then click your report format PDF, HTML, CSV
    Enter the name of the print server in the option 'Single Print Server' and choose your time-frame.
    Take the result for the [All Users] group at the top of the executed report as the totals for the print server in that time-frame.

If you're happy with the test report set it up as a scheduled report. Have it run daily and email you the report in the format that you want.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,494 Times in 1,935 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I think the op wants a report which gives a daily total in a list - so March 1st - 10,000 pages 2,000 jobs, March 2nd - 8,000 pages 2,000 jobs. etc... Am I right? If so, I don't think such a report exists at the moment.

Thank Post
    The specific report does not exist but the method mentioned should give Gerry the total number of pages printed per day through the specified server.

@Gerry which version do you have running 10.x or 11.x?

Thank Post
    Using version 11.1.

@camel: If I did it your way I'd have to create a report for each day... I want to be able to make a graph for longer than 30 days, to display the trend over the whole college year.
    @localzuk: Spot on. I've been looking for a way, but I suspect the dashboard graph in V11 is built from the 30-day logs. I could possibly do the same, but would need to devise a script to do so (or make a note of the totals as the appear on the graph...), but then I'd have to wait for a year to create the graph.

Just checking whether I was missing something obvious... If not, I'll send in a request to PaperCut.

Thank Post
    Sorry, my bad Gerry, I misinterpreted your question. Yes, having the daily reports would be labouriously bad way of graphing the data. Which is what you're after a data set with totals for each day.

See Creating Custom Reports in PaperCut where papercut's data is hosted on an external DB server (from the program itself) such as MSSQL for external interrogation with scripts to extract the data of your choice?

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,494 Times in 1,935 Posts
    Blog Entries
    My suggestion would be to follow the instructions here - http://www.papercut.com/products/ng/...ch-ext-db.html, move the db over and then use Excel to connect to that DB and do your reporting that way.

Thank Post
    Perhaps we might end up doing this, though I'll send them an e-mail first - see if they'll implement it...

Thank Post
    I think what you were after in your original question was the Executive Summary. Reports > User > Executive Summary > Choose Ad-hoc and select dates

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread