Just when I thought I was getting somewhere with the migration along comes a googly. I had already moved some mailboxes from the Exchange 2003 server to the Exchange 2010 server. All seemed well mail flowing in and out, until I moved my own mailbox.

I can send emails but not receive any. When I mentioned this to other 2010 mailbox users one said "Oh yes I've been meaning to ask about that. Mine's been like that for ages." (In fact it can't be ages as I only started moving them this week, but hey a day is a long time in a school.) Moved my mailbox back to the 2003 server, hey presto mail began to flow again.

So my question - why is the 2010 not receiving mail? Connectors are there for InterOp - bidirectional=true. Both servers have SMTP connectors set to our yhgfl smarthost. All the mail to 2010 mailboxes is in the queue on the 2003 server for retry. There are none in the 2010 queue. The 2010 server can obviously 'see' the outside world and the 2003 server but neither can see the 2010 server.

I'm open to any suggestions folks might like to offer.