+ Post New Thread
Windows Server 2008 Thread, Exchange 2007 Front End/Back End in Technical; Hi all, Have searched the forums but can't seem to find anything! I'm currently planning our Exchange 07 Rollout (submitting ...
    Thank Post

Exchange 2007 Front End/Back End

Hi all,

Have searched the forums but can't seem to find anything!

I'm currently planning our Exchange 07 Rollout (submitting it to my boss!).

How many of you use front and back end servers, and how have you configured this? I would like to use a front end server for external OWA with Forms Based Authentication, and two other backend servers for single sign on OWA inside the college.

Any ideas? or do I need to go int omore?

Ta,

Richard

Thank Post
    From what I gathered, they have "kind of" done away with Front End and Back End roles as such.

There is a EDGE server that can be used in the DMZ, or I believe you can use a ISA server to act as a go between, or have a CAS server setup perhaps (thats just configured for OWA external access might do the trick).

Unfortunately, my overview training is a little lost in my brain as it was a few months back now and I've had the pleasure of learning SCCM (and SCOM as far as setup goes) to deal with between the training and now

I'm in the middle of setting up a Exchange 2007 setup right now - initially in a test lab to try and work out various configs and the like, before we go for the full monty.

The install processes are really good - Best Practice Analyzer is a godsend too, that EVERYONE needs to run on their Exchange setup hehe The only thing I'm having issues with myself is the whole config side of things i.e. did i configure everything correctly, are the send connectors correct, did i manage to move all the databases to the appropriate iSCSI storage places, etc.

Its those sorts of questions that make me wonder whether or not there is some course to learn the answers to the above questions really, and I guess that its the kind of questions you'd be asking in your mind too perhaps.

EDIT: Started this thread that might be of help: Exchange 2007 training - is there any that is worth doing?

Dont know if any of that helps at all.
    Nath.
    Last edited by tarquel; 31st August 2009 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Adding link to a thread i started :)

3. Thanks to tarquel from:

rh91uk (31st August 2009)

Thank Post
    Thanks for your reply Nath - did some further research into this and have fully set up the servers like you mentioned above.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread