+ Post New Thread
Windows Server 2008 Thread, Exchange 2007 Rollup 9 - Stuck at 100% !! in Technical; Eeep!! Thought I'd update our Exchange 2007 Server (Running on Server 2008 64Bit SP1) today, as the Security Rollup 9 ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Exchange 2007 Rollup 9 - Stuck at 100% !!

Eeep!!

Thought I'd update our Exchange 2007 Server (Running on Server 2008 64Bit SP1) today, as the Security Rollup 9 was available.

Thing has download and seem to install ok, and now seems stuck at 100% !! All Exchange Services are disabled, and it's even listed as 'installed' within the Add/Remove panel.

Similar thing happened when I set this box up with Rollup 6, which I now a lot of people had problems with. I had to force a restart and uninstall it to get things working again!

Going to leave it until 12pm today to see if it makes any progress, but I'm starting to worry. (you know that sort of sick feeling in the pit of your stomach?).

Pete

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,194 Times in 1,006 Posts
    Blog Entries
    If it's stuck at 100% I think you may get off lucky. I'd simply do a restart without killing the process first and see if Windows can close it itself.
    Let us know how you get on, and best of luck!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    We got impatient, and switched things off. As with the Update 6, again all services were disabled and Exchange pretty much FUBAR!

So, we tried an uninstall. Got an error message about Backup Exec Remote Agent stopping it working correctly, so disabled that and managed to get the uninstall to work. Again all services disabled, but set them to automatic and restarted the server; Exchange once again worked. Had to get the IIS services up and running again for OWA, but they came up eventually.

Did a bit of digging, some reports on earlier roll ups mention that the file C:\Windows\Microsoft\Microsoft Exchange\relnotes.htm has to have the permissions set for full access for Everyone. So, we set that.

Disabled UAC on the server; Stopped this whole business of having to run something as an administrator even though I'm logged in as the administrator!!! and ran the update from the downloaded .msp file rather than letting Windows Update do it. This would give us an opportunity to see what the error messages are.

During the update, it did mentioned again BackExcec Remote Agent was stopping access to certain files, so again stopped that service and clicked 'retry'. And the update seems to have installed.....!!!

Reenabled Backup Exec Remote Agent service.....

Access via Outlook seems ok, and OWA seems to be working. Will start letting mail come in again and see what happens. But so far, so good.

I'm not taking full credit; I've got an engineer from CSE with me today doing other server things, and pulled in his help on this while he was waiting for scripts to run, etc.

Hope it is of some help.

Pete

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread