+ Post New Thread
Windows Server 2008 Thread, Exchange 2007 / Edge? in Technical; Until recently we ran Exchange 2k3, Exchange 2k7 and Edge pretty happily together, although now we're looking into replacing 2k3 ...
    Thank Post

Exchange 2007 / Edge?

Until recently we ran Exchange 2k3, Exchange 2k7 and Edge pretty happily together, although now we're looking into replacing 2k3 with 2k7.

All run on 2008 x64 (except 2k3 obviously), but... I'm not sure how things are routed through Ex2k3.

With all 4 servers up, I can send any-which way I like. If I take out EX2k3, I can no longer recieve emails, but I can still send emails, so I assume... because we use a Smart Host, it's pointing at our EX2k3 server.

If I change the IP address of our Edge server to match the shutdown EX2k3 server, mail builds up in its routing queue, but is never delivered.

The queue has the following error:

"451 4.4.0 Primary target IP address responded with: "451 5.7.3 Cannot achieve exchange server authentication. "Attempted to failover to alternate host.... blah blah blah".

I've redone my Edge Subscriptions, tested and started Edge Sync's and they work fine, but I don't understand why I can't recieve email.

Any fancy type of assistance would be most helpful in protecting the fine limits of my personal sanity.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DrPerceptron View Post
    The queue has the following error:

"451 4.4.0 Primary target IP address responded with: "451 5.7.3 Cannot achieve exchange server authentication. "Attempted to failover to alternate host.... blah blah blah".

I've redone my Edge Subscriptions, tested and started Edge Sync's and they work fine, but I don't understand why I can't recieve email.

Any fancy type of assistance would be most helpful in protecting the fine limits of my personal sanity.
    Is the receive connector configured correctly? (Server config > Hub transport). Look at the authentication and permissions tab.

We've just upgraded to 2007 and we got that error because it had auth enabled by default and the LEA mailservers weren't using any/understanding it.

Thank Post
    I'm not 100% sure how they should be configured, I tried to take out these questions with the GfL in the past when we put up the first server and Edge and they were about as useful as an invisble teapot - a chocolate teapot is somewhat useful for a few seconds.

They're both configured the same

Auth:

TLS
    Basic
    Integrated Windows

Perm:

Anonymous
    EXchange Users
    Exchange Servers
    Legacy Exchange Servers

Can I ask how you have the Inbound to First-Site connector setup? ours points to a smart host of --

EDIT: Solved. I somehow managed to totally fail at spelling and had the wrong settings for response to HELO/EHLO in my receive connectors. Very ashamed, as I should be!
    Last edited by DrPerceptron; 31st July 2009 at 03:57 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread