+ Post New Thread
Windows Server 2008 Thread, Windows Server 2008 Reinstall and User Accounts in Technical; So a couple months ago I started using Windows Server 2008 in a virtual install and had all my users ...
    Thank Post

Windows Server 2008 Reinstall and User Accounts

So a couple months ago I started using Windows Server 2008 in a virtual install and had all my users configured and joined the domain without any problems. Well as it turned out I was having issues with saving documents to the home folders while in this virtual install and since we are on our summer break and just started with the server I decided to make it a physical server. I have reinstalled W2K8, recreated my users but as many of you know the ids of the new users are not the same as the old even though they are the same name. My question is this, is there anyway to make the old domain account that is on the computer use the new user account without having to copy the profiles and basically start completely over? The users are all on laptops and I can rejoin the domain with no problem but the old domain profile is basically lost when I join the domain again. I might be picky but I don't want numerous folders on the computer that are like user.DOMAIN user.DOMAIN001. I just want the single profile folder so I need to reuse the original profile folder that was created when I joined the domain the first go around and have the permissions applied for the new users id.

Sorry to ramble here I just wanted to try and explain as doing Google searches have not yielded many results but that could also be due to me not knowing exactly what to call this process.

Thank Post
    there is an ms tool to migrate users from one domain to another i believe its admtsetup

Thank Post
    I actually just finished migrating my laptops over by using the method described in this blog

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread