+ Post New Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10
Windows Server 2008 Thread, Exchange 2007 Outlook Anywhere Stopped Working in Technical; My Exchange 2007 on Server 2008 has suddenly developed a bit of a 'hiccup'. Outlook Anywhere (formerly RPC over HTTP) ...
  1. #1

    Dos_Box's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Preston, Lancashire
    Posts
    9,787
    Thank Post
    572
    Thanked 2,154 Times in 982 Posts
    Blog Entries
    23
    Rep Power
    626

    Exchange 2007 Outlook Anywhere Stopped Working

    My Exchange 2007 on Server 2008 has suddenly developed a bit of a 'hiccup'.
    Outlook Anywhere (formerly RPC over HTTP) has suddenly stopped working, so my clients cannot connect using Outlook (2007) ever since I installed Server 2008 SP2 a week or so ago.
    OWA still works fine and we have the correct signed certificate in place and it was working before this.
    As far as I can ascertain this may be caused by the Exchange autodiscover function being reset/disabled, but I'm having problems finding the correct commands and syntax for resetting this. Does anyone else have (or had) this problem or can anyone give me a link to the correct procedure for resetting it?

  2. #2
    IanT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    @ the back of my server racks farting.....
    Posts
    1,891
    Thank Post
    2
    Thanked 118 Times in 109 Posts
    Rep Power
    59
    Doesn't Outlook Anywhere need a SSL Certificate - hasn't expired has it?

  3. #3

    Dos_Box's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Preston, Lancashire
    Posts
    9,787
    Thank Post
    572
    Thanked 2,154 Times in 982 Posts
    Blog Entries
    23
    Rep Power
    626
    Our SSL cert is fine. As I said, OWA works perfectly, just Outlook Anywhere has stopped.

  4. #4
    IanT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    @ the back of my server racks farting.....
    Posts
    1,891
    Thank Post
    2
    Thanked 118 Times in 109 Posts
    Rep Power
    59
    I've noticed once that Outlook Anywhere decided to disable its self, I re-enabled it and worked after that.

    bonce the server.

  5. #5

    Dos_Box's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Preston, Lancashire
    Posts
    9,787
    Thank Post
    572
    Thanked 2,154 Times in 982 Posts
    Blog Entries
    23
    Rep Power
    626
    I've disabled it and re-enabled it, but apparently you have to dig into the command line if autodiscover throws a wobbly.

  6. #6
    maf_001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    51
    Thank Post
    2
    Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts
    Rep Power
    15
    Hi,

    To run tests against your Exchnage server from Exchange powershell:

    Test-OutlookWebServices -ClientAccessServer "CASServer01"

    also try using

    https://www.testexchangeconnectivity.com/

    This site will tell you whats going wrong.

    If you need anymore help trouble shooting let me know.

    Mark

  7. #7

    bossman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,898
    Thank Post
    1,182
    Thanked 1,053 Times in 748 Posts
    Rep Power
    327
    @Dos_Box:

    Might as well be called "Inlook nowhere" then if it has stopped working hehe!!

  8. #8

    Dos_Box's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Preston, Lancashire
    Posts
    9,787
    Thank Post
    572
    Thanked 2,154 Times in 982 Posts
    Blog Entries
    23
    Rep Power
    626
    Quote Originally Posted by maf_001 View Post
    Hi,

    To run tests against your Exchnage server from Exchange powershell:

    Test-OutlookWebServices -ClientAccessServer "CASServer01"

    also try using

    https://www.testexchangeconnectivity.com/

    This site will tell you whats going wrong.

    If you need anymore help trouble shooting let me know.

    Mark

    Well the command worked perfectly. Autodiscover is active and correct. Still no connections though. The test site does not work as the way that it works in CLEO is tha the traffic goes through a gateway and there is no DNS lookup or global IP for our Exchange, so it bombs out. I reckon it 'may' be a CLEO issue.
    Hmmmmmm.

  9. #9
    maf_001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    51
    Thank Post
    2
    Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts
    Rep Power
    15
    Just another thought, might be worth checking the Firewall rules, i think when i updated one of my CAS servers, it closed some exchange ports. You mentioned you upgraded to SP2, it might have reset your firewall policy on your exchange server.

    Mark

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    572
    Thank Post
    38
    Thanked 114 Times in 104 Posts
    Rep Power
    46
    Does running outlook with the rpcdiag switch give any clues? Just a thought.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10th May 2010, 12:05 PM
  2. Wordshark 4 stopped working
    By Little-Miss in forum Educational Software
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 23rd June 2009, 11:38 AM
  3. Outlook 2000/ Exchange 2007
    By derk in forum Windows
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 16th January 2009, 04:03 PM
  4. Exchange 2007 and non outlook clients
    By cjohnsonuk in forum Windows
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 5th September 2008, 09:34 AM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •