Windows Server 2008 Thread, Windows Licensing in Technical; I am looking for some insight to get an idea on licensing for a Windows 200x server. Currently we are ...
18th May 2009, 05:44 PM #1
- Rep Power
I am looking for some insight to get an idea on licensing for a Windows 200x server. Currently we are using Novell and are going to be switching out to Windows but have a few questions first. Can anyone help me out and answer a couple questions listed below?
- Our student enrollment is 950 students, with only 450 getting onto server(s).
- 450 students to access storage on server (Server 2003 or Server 2008)
- Our staff tallies up to 150 faculty/staff.
- 150 staff accessing storage on server (Server 2003 or Server 2008)
- Within our Elementaries, we have one profile that all students can access/login to simultaneously (up to 100 at any given time).
- How is this handled via licensing?
- With the above numbers what will we be looking at for licensing?
- Is this license an annual? or can it be open license?
18th May 2009, 06:11 PM #2
I don't know if you've looked already..
but this page seems to answer a number of the questions you've posed there:
Windows Server 2008: Licensing
18th May 2009, 06:14 PM #3
If its a standard fat client setup you will need a License for each client and server and CALS for every device.
By fafster in forum Windows
Last Post: 28th April 2009, 02:08 PM
Last Post: 1st December 2008, 06:44 PM
By davyboi in forum General Chat
Last Post: 21st May 2007, 04:38 PM
By HodgeHi in forum Windows
Last Post: 15th November 2006, 04:05 PM
By _Bat_ in forum Windows
Last Post: 14th July 2006, 09:16 AM
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)