We are having a very interesting issue at the moment - I am not sure if anyone else has had this and may be able to offer some help...
We have a single exchange 2007 running on a Windows Server 2008 box... the raid controller failed on the motherboard so as a result we built up a new box from scratch and then used a backup to restore all of the mailboxes.
So far it is all fine and dandy in as much as OWA users are back online and working without a problem.
We have an issue with Outlook and the exchange server - half of the machines are working fine and half aren't - if we check the ones that are not working, we look at exchange server name to find that it is still pointing to the old one - if we change this manually to the new one and then click on next it tells us that it cannot contact this new server and then closes outlook.
If you get rid of the outlook profile and make a new one it should fix it.
Another option would be to create a DNS entry with the name of the old Exchange Server pointing to the IP address of the new Server. When outlook tries to contact Exchange on the old name it will look at DNS and then be forwarded onto the new box. – This takes a few minutes to do on your DNS Servers.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)