+ Post New Thread
Windows Server 2008 Thread, VSS Problem in Technical; I'm stuck on this one and need HELP... Our Win2k8 x64 web server currently will not backup using either windows ...

Thank Post

VSS Problem

I'm stuck on this one and need HELP...

Our Win2k8 x64 web server currently will not backup using either windows backup or DPM 2007. Just fails saying that the VSS Service is either not running or is in a bad state. Checking through the event logs there is no warnings or errors for VSS. Having a check of the VSS writers it seems to be down to the VSS SqlServerWriter which is currently in a failed state and reporting the last error as "Non-Retryable error". So thats the problem.

I've tried restarting the VSS services and SQL VSS, rebooted the system still no joy. There does appear to be an issue out there about VSS problems when no active partition is set but the server in question uses dynamic disk and so isn't applicable (unless I'm wrong). Disk space isn't a problem, 5gb free on each volume and 3gb of spare RAM.

Thanks.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,314 Times in 798 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I am having issues with VSS too. Not got a solution yet but people say to leave the sql vss stopped/disabled and try then.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information