+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Windows Server 2008 Thread, How to delete a protected OU in Technical; Originally Posted by DAckroyd Thankyou.... I didn't have the advanced options turned on... thanks for the screen shot but without ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DAckroyd View Post
    Thankyou.... I didn't have the advanced options turned on... thanks for the screen shot but without the advanced features enabled I only had the 3 tabs (General, Managed By, and COM+)

Now that one is burned to memory... they'll move the option in server 2011 won't they
    Don't worry took me a little bit of time to work it out! i was ranting for about 5 minutes! i was oh now what have they gone and done here then!!

Thank Post
    Hi,

This removes protection that prevents an OU from accidental deletion. Consequently, you may have to remove these permissions to be able to perform bulk deletions of objects in Active Directory.

To add the protection back again, you can reselect the Deny check boxes for the Delete and Delete Subtree advanced permissions for the Everyone group for the OU and the Delete All Child Objects permission for the Everyone group on the parent container. For more information, see Protect an Organizational Unit from Accidental Deletion.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________

To remove protection that prevents an OU from accidental deletion:

1.Log on to the computer as a member of the Domain Admins group

2.Open Active Directory Users and Computers.

3.Click View, and then click Advanced Features.

4.First, clear permissions on the OU for which you want to remove protection. To do this, right-click the OU, and then click Properties.

5.In OU Properties, click the Security tab, and then click Advan[/U]ced.

6.In Permission Entries, select the Deny entry for the Everyone group, and then click Remove.

7.Click OK to close the Advanced Security Settings, and then click OK to close OU Properties.

8.Second, clear permissions on the parent container of the OU for which you want to remove protection. To do this, right-click the parent container, and then click Properties.

9.In ContainerProperties, click the Security tab.

10.In Group or user names, select the Everyone group, and then clear the Deny check box for Delete All Child Objects, and then click OK to close Container Properties.

I took this help from, you can always get help from MS Technet .. it rocks !!

technet dot microsoft dot com, hope you understand; not able to post a link overhere .. enjoy..

Thank Post
    Thanks !

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12