+ Post New Thread
Windows Server 2008 Thread, Enable 'Please Wait For The User Profile Services under admin templates GPO' in Technical; Hi, just wondering how to enable the group policy settings so that on a client pc joined to a domain ...

Thank Post

Enable 'Please Wait For The User Profile Services under admin templates GPO'

Hi, just wondering how to enable the group policy settings so that on a client pc joined to a domain it says "Please Wait For The User Profile Services" , "Applying Folder Redirection Policy" etc...

How do I get that to show on the client pc, I know its under Group Policy, Computer Policy, Administrative Templates, but that's all???

Also how can I get a group policy to apply to a specific group or GPO on group policy, say if I was deploying software to a couple of machines, but not all of them on the entire network??

I'm currently using Windows Server 2008 R2 Data Centre, but I'm fairly new to it as just got it setup in my home environment, but not fully setup yet it you know what I mean?

Any replies would be appreciated.

Dan

Thank Post
    try reading this
    http://www.thewindowsclub.com/enable-verbose-status-message-windows

Quote Originally Posted by Danloudon96 View Post
    Hi, just wondering how to enable the group policy settings so that on a client pc joined to a domain it says "Please Wait For The User Profile Services" , "Applying Folder Redirection Policy" etc...

How do I get that to show on the client pc, I know its under Group Policy, Computer Policy, Administrative Templates, but that's all???

Also how can I get a group policy to apply to a specific group or GPO on group policy, say if I was deploying software to a couple of machines, but not all of them on the entire network??

I'm currently using Windows Server 2008 R2 Data Centre, but I'm fairly new to it as just got it setup in my home environment, but not fully setup yet it you know what I mean?

Any replies would be appreciated.

Dan

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,626 Times in 1,936 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Danloudon96 View Post
    I'm currently using Windows Server 2008 R2 Data Centre
    When you update your ADMX files (which you should do at some point), you will need to use the "Display highly detailed status messages" GPO.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    To target gpo's to specific computers the simplest solution is to create an OU structure that broadly maps to the physical layout of the school and is two levels deep i.e department / room. You only need rooms for departments where a room is a differentiator in the context of gpo settings required, and can be omitted to begin with and added I an adhoc basis as needed.

The other option (which is best used in conjunction with OU structure) is to use security group filtering. For each gpo create a security group with the same name and replace the everyone object from the applies list i gpmc with it.

You should have a strong naming convention, link the gpo's at as high level as possible and store the security groups in their own OU, to keeps things tidy.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread