+ Post New Thread
Windows Server 2008 Thread, GPO with folder redirection strangeness - 'Documents' vs 'My Documents' in Technical; Hi, I am responsible for one of our school's delegated AD domains. I have 3 OUs and each one of ...

Thank Post

GPO with folder redirection strangeness - 'Documents' vs 'My Documents'

Hi, I am responsible for one of our school's delegated AD domains. I have 3 OUs and each one of them has a loopback gpo in it that also has folder redirection for Documents defined. The odd issue is that in one of these, when I enable folder redirection and specify the path to use (\\servername\LabUsers), the blurb under the path says that folder will be redirected to \\servername\LabUsers\Clair\My Documents while the other 2 say \\servername\LabUsers\Clair\Documents. When we log in, the end result is that is where things are saved (computers either redirect to Documents or My Documents based on which GPO they are assigned). I want them ALL to be the same (documents or my documents) but cannot figure out how to do that, or why this is happening in the first place.

Any help would be appreciated...thanks...

Thank Post
    What client/server OS versions are we talking about? If it's 2008(R2)/2012, have you got 'maintain compatibility with Windows XP/2000' ticked on the redirection policy for any of the OUs?

Thank Post
    Hi, The client is windows 7 enterprise 64bit with SP1. The server that I am using group policy management on is windows server 2008 standard. The compatibility checkbox is not selected.
    I just discovered that when I disabled the redirection, hit apply, and then put the settings back, hit ok, and went back in the setting is back correctly to Documents. Weird. all set.
    thanks.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread