+ Post New Thread
Windows Server 2008 Thread, Group policy will apply on every second login only in Technical; For Windows 7 I created a mandatory profile and used a group policy for restrictions, desktop shortcuts, start menu etc. ...

Thank Post

Group policy will apply on every second login only

For Windows 7 I created a mandatory profile and used a group policy for restrictions, desktop shortcuts, start menu etc. During testing using two accounts, without fail they will only apply group policy on every second login. I have tried amending the group policy - switching on and off the setting to 'always wait for the network at computer startup and login' (Computer Configuration\Policies\Administrative Templates\System\logon) but it is still the same problem. The event log on the client tells me that 'Folder Redirection policy application has been delayed until the next logon because the group policy logon optimization is in effect.' When I remove the profile from the account properties on AD it will log in OK but the profile is less than 3mb - surely not too big? My internet searches have yielded no fixes - help please!!!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,859 Times in 1,252 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Kinda sounds like the "Always wait for the network at computer startup and logon" setting is not being applied as enabling that disables the Fast Logon Optimisation stuff.

If you run gpresult /r are the expected gpos being applied?

Thank Post
    Yes i agree with sparkeh it does sound like the always wait for network... gpo setting is not enabled or applying properly.

Thank Post
    Yeah, I have run the gpresult /r and it shows that the single gp assigned is applied - the gpresult is the same when the PC logs in both correctly and incorrectly. Like you I had figured the "Always wait for the network at computer startup and logon" setting was the problem but enabling or disabling it makes no difference to the outcome. (GP forcibly updated on PC after every change). I may have to begin the GP build from scratch as I am quickly running out of ideas

Thank Post
    I've had this problem for several weeks now, anyone found a solution?

I am running on Windows 2008 R2 and Windows 7 64bit Pcs. This doesn't happen on all users.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread