+ Post New Thread
Windows Server 2008 Thread, Cannot deploy wallpaper to domain. in Technical; I have tried to deploy the wallpapers to the domain users desktop using the following quote but to no avail. ...

Thank Post

Question Cannot deploy wallpaper to domain.

I have tried to deploy the wallpapers to the domain users desktop using the following quote but to no avail. Could anyone suggest how i could get the wallpapers up... I can imagine the staff would be pleased with a nice christmassy background at this time of the year.

"1. Create a OU and put all users that you want to set the wallpaper into it on domain.
    2. Create a share folder and grant everyone has full control permission on it and put the wallpaper picture into this share.

3. Create a GPO, navigate to
    User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Desktop\Active Desktop \Active Desktop Wallpaper
    Set this item enable and in the wallpaper name column, input the share path that we created in step 2, for example \\servername\share\picture.jpg

After finishing, please click OK to confirm.

4. On the client pc, logon to PC using the user account included in the OU defined in first one step to test the result."

Thanks.

Thank Post
    If you run rsop.msc what do you get?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,567 Times in 1,249 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by burnsyb0y View Post
    I have tried to deploy the wallpapers to the domain users desktop using the following quote but to no avail. Could anyone suggest how i could get the wallpapers up... I can imagine the staff would be pleased with a nice christmassy background at this time of the year.

"1. Create a OU and put all users that you want to set the wallpaper into it on domain.
    2. Create a share folder and grant everyone has full control permission on it and put the wallpaper picture into this share.

3. Create a GPO, navigate to
    User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Desktop\Active Desktop \Active Desktop Wallpaper
    Set this item enable and in the wallpaper name column, input the share path that we created in step 2, for example \\servername\share\picture.jpg

After finishing, please click OK to confirm.

4. On the client pc, logon to PC using the user account included in the OU defined in first one step to test the result."

Thanks.
    That GPO is pretty much redundant now. It'll only work with XP/2003 and IE6. Installing IE7 or later disables Active Desktop.

If you enable the following policy:

User Config > Policies > Admin Templates > Desktop > Desktop Wallpaper - Enabled

Then specify the following:

Code:
    C:\Windows\Globalization\MCT\MCT-GB\Wallpaper\GB-wp1.jpg
    And specify 'Fill'. This will work on 2000/XP/Vista and 7.

Thank Post
    After i sort out a few problems i shall run rsop.msc and try to do it how you specified Michael, Will let you know how it goes when i do it.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,567 Times in 1,249 Posts
    Just to clarify, the path I specified works with Windows 7 only. You may need to adjust it to something else if using Windows XP or Vista for example.

Thank Post
    Problem solved, i did exactly what i originally stated in blue quotes however this time i set the policy to load the wallpaper from a file in the local C drive and hey presto... worked!
    Thanks for your help however.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread