+ Post New Thread
Windows Server 2008 Thread, Movig to LGFL2 what changes to make in server? in Technical; Hi Guys, We are moving o LGFL2 soon. What Changes to make in server? how to Set DNS Forwarders to ...
    Thank Post

Movig to LGFL2 what changes to make in server?

Hi Guys,

We are moving o LGFL2 soon. What Changes to make in server? how to Set DNS Forwarders to LGFL ones? .
    please help. I have never did any change in DNS Server. Am I in Correct Place?

DNS.jpg
    Last edited by lionsl2005; 26th November 2012 at 12:54 PM.

Thank Post
    Hello ....

have a look in the support site ...... attend on of the free training course or failing that call the help desk and they will help you out

To answer your question yes set them to 172.30.178.53 & 172.30.178.54

If your not sure call the help desk to ask.

3. Thanks to Nodrog from:

lionsl2005 (27th November 2012)

hit
    Thank Post
    You will also need to change the proxy settings either by GPO or you're going to have to script it. Depending on your setup you may need to visit some machines and do it manually (office/SLT computers spring to mind). Remember to remove it from any other software as well WSUS etc.

Also, if you USO Autoupdate, remove the proxy settings from that before you change over otherwise you have to search for it in the registry, have had to do that twice now!

Apart from changing the forwarders on the DNS servers, remember to change any machines that have static addresses as they usually point directly at the LGfL DNS servers instead of yours.

If you have a route between your networks on the LGfL1 network (ports opened), make sure you have asked Atomwide to have this set up on your LGfL2 connection otherwise you will find that your networks will no longer talk to each other.

Finally, I have found that where we have changed sites over with certain managed switches we have had to power cycle the switches to make it all spring to life. All to do with learned mac/address tables and you need to flush them.

I've done 7 so far and have another 3 to do in the run up to Christmas, only one has been a real PITA so far! Hope this has some extra pointers that they forget to tell you about!

5. Thanks to hit from:

lionsl2005 (27th November 2012)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hit View Post
    You will also need to change the proxy settings either by GPO or you're going to have to script it. Depending on your setup you may need to visit some machines and do it manually (office/SLT computers spring to mind). Remember to remove it from any other software as well WSUS etc.

Also, if you USO Autoupdate, remove the proxy settings from that before you change over otherwise you have to search for it in the registry, have had to do that twice now!

Apart from changing the forwarders on the DNS servers, remember to change any machines that have static addresses as they usually point directly at the LGfL DNS servers instead of yours.

If you have a route between your networks on the LGfL1 network (ports opened), make sure you have asked Atomwide to have this set up on your LGfL2 connection otherwise you will find that your networks will no longer talk to each other.

Finally, I have found that where we have changed sites over with certain managed switches we have had to power cycle the switches to make it all spring to life. All to do with learned mac/address tables and you need to flush them.

I've done 7 so far and have another 3 to do in the run up to Christmas, only one has been a real PITA so far! Hope this has some extra pointers that they forget to tell you about!
    what's the registry details for USO-Autoupdate?

hit
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by clevie View Post
    what's the registry details for USO-Autoupdate?
    Unfortunately I'm on long to sick so can't look it up for you, but just search the registry for Atomwide and you should find it no problem.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hit View Post
    Unfortunately I'm on long to sick so can't look it up for you, but just search the registry for Atomwide and you should find it no problem.
    thanks. i did managed to find it

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread