What are your opinions & What problems may occur
I have just recently took over a network in a primary school
When i started we had 13 servers i have now reduced it down to 9 and i want to reduce it to less than that.
Current Set Up:
- 1 server is the main domain controller
- 1 server is secondary domain controller an WSUS server
- 1 server is DNS & DHCP server
- 1 server is our exchange server
- 1 server is our terminal services server
- 1 is our file server
- 1 is our old sims server and bsquared server
- 1 is our new sims server
- 1 is a second file server but was not used so i turned it into a windows deployment server
My plans are to buy a new server big enough for main domain controller and file server to be on the same server and maybe even the bsquared to be on the same server which just requires a database.
most servers are running server 2008 but exchange and dns and dhcp are still running server 2003.
Should i update these to server 2008 R2 or may this cause problems?
I also want to roll windows 7 out to all my machines what problems may occur when this happens?
We already have a few running windows 7 and i have not come across any problems at the minute but i think i may if i roll it out to more.