Doubt Impero would cause that however if wanted to be sure disable Impero client service that way you would know if Impero is casuing an issue.
Originally Posted by robknowles
However this does remind me of a problem with Symantec I use to have after upgrades and basicly what happenss is the Network threat protection drivers get all corrupt. Removing all all network drivers (both original and any Symantec ones etc). Reinstall network card and add your IP config. You may need to boot into domain restore mode to get access to the network drivers etc as if not letting you login in normal mode and safe mode does not have network card enabled).
Well today I've formatted and reinstalled the server and touch wood, everything seems to be working perfectly once again so really not sure what's gone on.
For info, the server was ready to logon after the group policy client took 1 hour to be ready according to the event log when I looked before demolishing it this morning.
Thanks for the help/advice all.
I was having such a good day today until 3.15 when someone came and said they couldn't log on to the server - strangely everything worked fine when I logged on.
The message the student got was along the lines The RDS service is currently busy. Please try again later, other users should be unaffected by this. This was true because I could log on, so I thought I know I'll restart the server.
Cue the same problem as last time. I've managed to salavge it currently though, Removed Sophos, disbanded the team and removed the network adapters from Device manager, scanned new hardware, connected one network adapter up not in a team and reinstalled Sophos and touch wood it's working normally.
Now nothing has changed, everything has been ticking over nicely for almost a month but yet it suddenly and inexplicably occured once again.
I'm just concerned it's going to happen again, obviously it's down to either Sophos or the Network Card but guess I'll have to wait and see what happens.... :/
Just to let you know I had the same issue with one of my servers that I was having before the summer last week. Had to hard reboot it since I couldn't login at all and was stuck on Group Policy Client for ages. Left it overnight and luckily it was fine in the morning.
As I said before we run Symantec EndPoint Protection and you run Sophos so I doubt it's the AV here. What Intel Network Cards/Drivers do you use - it's a Dell R710 we have so whether it's an Intel NIC/Driver related issue.
For us it definitely isn't a switch issue (to which the server connects to) as we replaced our core switch (Hp 4108GL) to a Dell PowerConnect over the summer, for which it's now happened on both.
One last thing we occassional have users who can login to the server fine, however, when they use Internet Explorer they can't access external websites only Internal ones. Accessing an External one simple presents an error "This page can not be displayed". Logging off/on, updating GP doesn't work - other users can be using the Internet fine on the server. The only way to fix this is to delete their profile off the server.
I'm wondering whether it's an issue to do with a faulty Group Policy somewhere - sometimes when users login their Folder Redirection isn't applied - a GP Update or logoff/on can fix this - that said the issue is never experienced on normal desktop pcs.
Well it has happend again just now, using the 2nd card in the server, different port on the switch.
I've had the issue with Internet Explorer and it's always been the proxy policy not applying and logging off and logging on again normally sorts that. I'm the Remote Desktop Host Manager I'm seeing a lot of disconnected seesions build up with no usernames there so something is going on somewhere.
Our server is a Dell T410 and has Broadcom Nic's in it and not Intel.
Core switch is a 2910al-48g.
Neither of those seem to apply for us. The RDS Sessions seems to log off properly - it's either the server locks up or future logins stop on the Group Policy Client. For the second one I don't use Terminal Session item-level targeting at present.
The middle one you posted, GPClient taking up to 1 hour, is actually my thread (and my reply saying that I didn't bother installing the hotfix because it made no difference to the other guy). :)
I reinstated my team last week (having had it running off a single card since the last time it played up) and haven't had any more issues as of yet.