No Logon Servers Available to service the logon request
I am having lots of network issues at the moment, but I think I've narrowed it down to messed up DNS.
When I try to login from a workstation I get the "No Logon Servers..." message and the event viewer showed a number or errors including Netlogon and LsaSrv (all are attached as workstation.zip).
At the same time the server see's a netlogon error with a dynamic dns registration error (attached as servererr.txt)Attachment 11821Attachment 11822
I have been working on this for a few days and have checked all the DNS settings as well as I can.
- For DNS, The server points to itself, the WS points to the server.
- They can ping each other.
- NSLOOKUP works from the server and the workstation.
- Simple and recursive queries pass from the monitoring tab.
- Dcdiag /fix --> everything passes
But logons still don't work, if I do eventually get logged on I can't browse the server under Computer/Network, I can't type the server name into explorer and I can't connect to shared drives.