upgrade from server 2003 to 2008 and exchange
Over the summer holidays I will be upgrading our current servers from 2003 to 2008 and exchange from 2003 to 2010. I have started to make a list of the correct order to do this so I dont loose any user accounts, mailboxes and data etc.
Could you all check my list and let me know if I have missed anything.
1. Upgrade exchange 2003 to exchange 2007
2. Backup exchange 2007
3. Move all fmso roles from main DC to exchange server which is also a domain controller (mailsrv)
4. Move all data from DC to NAS box
5. Dcpromo to demote main DC
6. Wipe and reload DC server with server 2008
7. Run dcpromo and make main DC again
8. Transfer all FMSO roles back to main DC
9. Set up DNS and DHCP
10. Run dcpromo and demote mailsrv
11. Wipe and reload mailsrv with server2008
12. Install exchange server 2007 onto mailsrv restore all mailboxes from backup
13. Move all data from appsrv to NAS box
14. Wipe and reload appsrv with server 2008
15. Wipe and reload sims server when capita supports server 2008!