Ok, take a breath... Stop and collect yourself for a moment.
Start thinking about exactly what you have changed.. write it down if necessary and start backtracking the changes you have made.
Any error messages in Event Viewer? That will tell you if there path isn't found or if there is an access denied
As for deleting the local profile manually you have a couple of options. There is a guide somewhere on technet I think to hunting down the relevant reg keys and manually removing them from the client PC.
Alternatively, you can create a new user account for that user (so it therefore has a new SID) and it will create a brand new profile on the PC leaving the old one "orphaned". You can name it the same as the old user account if you rename the old one first.. copy their home drive to the newly created users area (making sure the NTFS permissions change as appropriate).
You just need to get the user to set the password to whatever it was before.
Anyone else know how to get round this ?
Ok so *breathes in....... & Out* starting from the first thing to the last
Created Test OU with a test account
Linked Test GPO to the Test OU
Changed and filled in all the setting I wanted
Clicked off it and did some research about folder redirection
Went back onto the server and went to "Staff GPO" Accidentally
Clicked edit, User Config - Windows Settings - Folder Redirection - Documents - Properties
Set it as Basic - Redirect everyone folder to the same location
Redirect to the Users Home Directory
Ok and Exit
Found out I made a mistake, changed staff GPO back to: Basic - Redirect everyones folder to the same location - create folder under each user under the root path - \\server\shd\%USERNAME%
Ok and Exit
Waited a few hours found that most users home folders now say "My Documents" Rather than %USERNAME%
Came on edugeek
Deleted all Desktop.ini files from a users home drive
Went back to shd and refreshed, it had now got the correct %USERNAME%
Logged into that users profile on her machine clicked computer but no Home Area
Made sure AD was point the home folder to the correct location which it is
Did a gpupdate /force and restarted the machine, logged back in as %USERNAME% still no home drive
Went to Staff GPO - Edit - User Config - Windows Settings - Folder Redirection - Documents - Properties - settings - Move Contents of documents to new location is now ticked, Ok and exit
gpupdate /force on client machine, logged back in still no home drive appearing under Computer
Went onto client machine as administrator, C:\Users\%USERNAME% deleted the %USERNAME% folder
Went onto server deleted roaming profile from \\server\AD Profiles\%USERNAME%
Now I'm here alone and starting to suffer from depression *sigh* :(
Open regedit and Edit > Find. Type Profilelist and hit Find. When its found it, expand ProfileList and look for the key corresponding to the users profile. Delete the key. Log back on :)
As TechMonkey said, now log on as Admin and look through event viewer and look for anything relating to the drive map.
I have got one problem that relates to her account in event viewer. Something to do with Group Policy and Folder Redirection
I have restarted the machine and relogged back on. Sometimes it's failing to show any drives at all under "Computer" now and that is the only error I get...
You need to do a gpupdate /force then restart the machine.
Usually means it will process the GPO on next logon, logoff/logon and see if the Folder redirect has worked
Ok 2 secs.... *feeling hopefull*
Ok so shared area's and sims drive is back still no sign of the good ol' home drive pfft might just give it a day now guys been working on this all day today! :(
I'd go and have a coffee and leave it till tomorrow, sometimes a fresh mind is needed.