Server 2008 r2 - Domain & Forest Functional Level - Network Affect
hi yee all,
need some help on this, current network setup of the inherited network is as follows,
running on Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition
Domain Functional Level
Windows 2000 Native
Forest Functional Level
I INTEND on introducing Windows Server 2008 r2 (Enterprise Edition)
1) Which of the above - funtional levels do I need to change to implement server 2008 r2 ent edition?...
2) What do I need to be aware of when I DO THIS?...
3) What affect will this have on the overall network? bandwidth...user desktop?
4) I intend on keeping existing GPO's instead of creating new ones... will this be an issue?
5) Do I disable firewall on servers? as network is protected by Cisco ASA and also MS Antivirus?
If someone could shed light on this?
Many Thanks for your expert advice...and have a lovely easter break!... :-( (yes im at work)