starting experiencing this issue with windows 7 and server 2008 r2.
followed various articles with no success.
Microsoft recommendation didn't help as we dont use CNAME for mapping printers.
We use group policy preferences.
95% of the time the printer will add perfectly fine the other 5% the printer adds but you can't select it as the default printer unless you delete and add it manually or log off and back on.
Anyone experience this issue?