+ Post New Thread
Windows Server 2008 R2 Thread, Buffalo Linkstation (duo) in Technical; Right, PLEASE someone stop me pulling out what little hair I have left. I've got this set up on my ...
    JMB

Thank Post

Buffalo Linkstation (duo)

Right, PLEASE someone stop me pulling out what little hair I have left. I've got this set up on my Windows 7 machine, no problem. Can't figure out how to set up the RAID on it, but that's another story. The CD doesn't work in my 2008 R2 server, so I can't install it. But I need to map a drive to it so I can use it for backups. No matter WHAT I do, it just asks me to diagnose the problem. I've tried mapping the IP, the actual name of the Buffalo drive, nothing works. Has anyone got one of this interminable machines that can help me? PLEASE?!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    Right, PLEASE someone stop me pulling out what little hair I have left. I've got this set up on my Windows 7 machine, no problem. Can't figure out how to set up the RAID on it, but that's another story. The CD doesn't work in my 2008 R2 server, so I can't install it. But I need to map a drive to it so I can use it for backups. No matter WHAT I do, it just asks me to diagnose the problem. I've tried mapping the IP, the actual name of the Buffalo drive, nothing works. Has anyone got one of this interminable machines that can help me? PLEASE?!
    Few things to point out:

CD ignore it. Just silly software tbh. Set it by IP etc.
    Shares will need users setup on the box for any authenticated logons (Had issues with this originally), or just "new" shares created from the IP of the box.
    Raid wise, You need to delete the default volumes, then re-create a new raid 1, then wait hours while it rebuilds fun funs!

Steve

Thank Post
    +1 on the setting up via IP. all the setup program does is poll for the NAS box (which by default is set to get an address via DHCP IIRC)
    once it finds it it then adds shortcuts and or drive mappings in my computer and also provides a link to the web interface. (the app sits in the sys tray and is annoying)

if your not running DHCP on your server you could set it up or get TFTPD32 and quickly assign some addresses so you can access the web interface and assign a "netbios" name and preferred IP.
    Mapping can them take place via the UNC name or IP with you shares.
    be aware that by default its setup as a RAID 0 which isnt going to be ideal for a backup medium

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread