+ Post New Thread
Windows Server 2008 R2 Thread, Turn UAC off in GPO in Technical; Hi Guys, I need to turn UAC off so a printer driver can be installed round all the PC's without ...
    Thank Post

Turn UAC off in GPO

Hi Guys,

I need to turn UAC off so a printer driver can be installed round all the PC's without asking for a username and password for install

I have tried this

Enter GPedit.msc in Start Search to run Local Group Policy editor. (Or gpmc.msc to run Group Policy Management Console for AD-based domain GPO editor).
    Navigate to the following tree branch:Computer Configuration -> Windows Settings -> Security Settings -> Local Policies -> Security OptionsIn GPMC, browse to the required GPO which is linked to the domain or OU where the policy wants to apply.
    Locate the following policy in the right pane:User Account Control: Behavior of the elevation prompt for administrators in Admin Approval ModeSet its value to Elevate without prompt.
    Locate the following policy in the right pane:User Account Control: Detect application installations and prompt for elevationSet its value to Disabled.
    Locate the following policy in the right pane:User Account Control: Run all administrators in Admin Approval ModeSet its value to Disabled.
    Locate the following policy in the right pane:User Account Control: Only elevate UIAccess applications that are installed in secure locationsSet its value to Disabled.
    Restart the computer when done.

But still no luck, I have made another GPO called Remove UAC and still doesn't work.. Any ideas please.. Thanks

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,602 Times in 1,278 Posts
    From the top of my head, that looks fine to me, but I would set it on the domain rather than the Local Group Policy editor.

By default Windows 7 picks up new policies every 90 minutes and I would recommend reducing this. Typically in a school environment, a notebook wouldn't be used for more than 60 minutes at a time, so reducing to say 5 - 10 mins will distribute new GPO settings quicker.

I the meantime though, by running gpupdate /force does this actually work? If not, then I would check where you've set the GPOs.

Thank Post
    if its just a printer its more likely you need to configure point n print to "just get on with it" mode

computer config\admin templates\printers\point and print restrictions

i set it to

enabled

blank tick box and first text box

tick users can only point and print to machines in their forest

and then in the bottom 2 drop downs do not show warning or elevation prompts

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread