+ Post New Thread
Windows Server 2008 R2 Thread, Interesting ISS Issues - Page needs refresh on Intranet Access in Technical; Right, so to aid things in the school, I set up an IIS Intranet Page a while back now. It's ...
    Thank Post

Interesting ISS Issues - Page needs refresh on Intranet Access

Right, so to aid things in the school, I set up an IIS Intranet Page a while back now. It's been working fine up until the last month or so. When staff/pupils open Internet Explorer, the page doesn't display unless they hit refresh. It's doing my nut as to what the issue is.

I've tried with direct IP access onto it, I've tried with the FQDN access onto it, I've tried resetting IIS and starting again in case I'd screwed something up, I've tried just restarting the IIS server incase something had gone funny, and nothing I do seems to bring up the intranet page.

So I'm just wondering if anyone has any idea where I should be looking for issues (I normally use *nix based solutions for hosting, so I'm a newbie with this whole IIS thing, and whilst it was working, it was great, saved me having to rebuild my ubuntu box that had died a death of old age - but I'm getting to the stage where I'm thinking "actually, rebuilding the Ubuntu box might be easier").

I should mention, Chrome access seems to be fine, so I wonder if it's a setting in IE, but I have no idea what, unless - hmm .. Intranet Settings .. would they need to be enabled .. (thinking out loud now - going to go and try that, but if anyone has any wise pearls of wisdom, please share before I tear out my lovely hair .. lol)

Thanks all
    Andy T

Thank Post
    Thought I might bump this to see if anyone has any suggestions as I'm still pulling my hair out over it! Ta

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,568 Times in 1,250 Posts
    I had a similar problem recently - try resetting IE to defaults on problematic workstations. Like magic it worked for me.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread