+ Post New Thread
Windows Server 2008 R2 Thread, Moving CC3 Home folder in Technical; Hey guys, Im currently progressively moving from CC3. Got a 2008 R2 file server, tried to move a test users ...

Thank Post

Moving CC3 Home folder

Hey guys,

Im currently progressively moving from CC3. Got a 2008 R2 file server, tried to move a test users home folder and profile folder to a network share on the new server. Permissions are set, and then changed in the user object in AD. Vanishes from RM Management Console (Which I expect and dont really care about) but when the user logs in to a CC3 machine, the N: (home drive) is mapped but still points to the CC3 server share. Any ideas?

Thanks

Thank Post
    From memory when I tried this several years back, the user.dat file has the homepath information hard set into it. When a user profile is performed from the RMMC, it merges the information from the AD profile path into the dat file.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Boredguy View Post
    From memory when I tried this several years back, the user.dat file has the homepath information hard set into it. When a user profile is performed from the RMMC, it merges the information from the AD profile path into the dat file.
    Thanks, where is the user.dat stored? I cant seem to find it.

Thank Post
    NTUser.dat is hidden in the root of the account Profile folder rather than the Work folder.

Thank Post
    Ok found it, now what can I do with it? I opened it and searched for the server path for the home folder and it found nothing. I'm assuming I cant just delete it. I hate RM with a passion right now.

Thank Post
    I can find my home path in my dat file... It seems every letter has a space between it and the next letter, so i searched for "\ \ o u r s e r v e r n a m e \ m y h o m e d r i v e $" and found it... i'm going to try moving the home drive of a test user...

Thank Post
    Load the user.dat file into Regedit via the "Load Hive" option when your in the HKLM node

Go into the \Environment node and change the "MydocServer" value to your new server
    Go into the \Network\N node. Change the remote path value to point to your new server
    Go into the \Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Preferences node and update TrackFoldersDirectories0 if it points to your old server
    Go into the \Software\Research Machines\Network Management\Logon node and update the NDrivePath, UserHomeDriveRemoteName values to point to your new server
    Unload Hive then login as the user and you should find it's now connecting to the new server for you.

8. Thanks to Boredguy from:

Oaktech (20th March 2012)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Boredguy View Post
    Load the user.dat file into Regedit via the "Load Hive" option when your in the HKLM node

Go into the \Environment node and change the "MydocServer" value to your new server
    Go into the \Network\N node. Change the remote path value to point to your new server
    Go into the \Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Preferences node and update TrackFoldersDirectories0 if it points to your old server
    Go into the \Software\Research Machines\Network Management\Logon node and update the NDrivePath, UserHomeDriveRemoteName values to point to your new server
    Unload Hive then login as the user and you should find it's now connecting to the new server for you.
    ^^ this!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread