+ Post New Thread
Windows Server 2008 R2 Thread, My Music/My Pictures/My Videos have lost permissions in Technical; On our main fileserver that stores all the pupil documents, we've recently noticed that the My Music, My Pictures and ...

Thank Post

Question My Music/My Pictures/My Videos have lost permissions

On our main fileserver that stores all the pupil documents, we've recently noticed that the My Music, My Pictures and My Videos folders have all lost permissions which means us as administrators and staff can no longer access these 3 folders. It hasn't affected all users and the pupils are still able to access the folders themselves.

The folders all have the same date/time stamp which suggests to me that whatever is happen is happening at logon. They are also redirected folders, set to follow the My Documents folder.

Clients are Windows 7 SP1, Server is Windows 2008 R2 SP1

My intention is to setup auditing on some folders and audit the sucess and failure of permission changes, but in the meantime has anybody else experience something like this?

Cheers

Adam.
    Last edited by adamf; 6th February 2012 at 03:47 PM.

Thank Post
    Im sure it is the check box Grant the user exclusive access that has been set that is causing you the problems on the redirection settings

Thank Post
    It's not set on the Documents folder and the Music/Pics/Videos are set to follow it. Plus, it's not happening to every user - I was adding that bit whilst you were typing your reply I think!

Thank Post
    We sometimes get something similar this except with ours, the user share will have all the security permissions stripped out and "everyone" with deny permission put in. Its only happens every now and again (maybe a couple of times a week) and we sti.ll haven't got to the bottom of it yet.

Part of me thinks its something the way Windows 7 creates the profiles and maybe throws out the security permission on the share when a user logs in?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread