Hi All

I've got an interesting (and by that I mean infuriating) problem setting up Remote Desktop Services.

We have a Windows 2008 R2 server set up with RDS (session host, license manager etc).

I can log in locally to the domain with no problems.

I have set up the group policy for the server to create roaming profiles on a network share for remote logins ("Set path for TS Roaming Profile") and forced a loopback on the policy.

When I log in with either an existing domain user or a new one all goes swimmingly and the TS roaming profile is created on the share and the login time is a matter of seconds. All the network drives are available.

Logging off again takes seconds also.

However on any subsequent logins the process hangs briefly (60-90 seconds maybe) on the "Please wait for the User Profile Service" and when it logs in there is a message saying the profile wasn't fully synchronised.

The errors in event viewer are:

Event ID 6005 - The winlogon notification subscriber <Profiles> is taking long time to handle the notification event (Logon).

Event ID 6006 - The winlogon notification subscriber <Profiles> took 89 second(s) to handle the notification event (Logon).

Event ID 1509 - Windows cannot copy file \\?\UNC\server\profiles$\user.TM.V2\AppData\Roamin g\Microsoft\ to location \\?\C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\. This error may be caused by network problems or insufficient security rights.

DETAIL - The specified network name is no longer available.

Event ID 1540 - Your roaming profile is not synchronized correctly with the server. Windows will load your previously-saved local profile instead. See the previous events for details.

Once logged in the user can access all the shares and indeed clicking on the link produced in Event ID 1509 takes you to the correct location. I'm pretty sure the permissions are correct on the share (the profile creates initially after all). We have Dfs in operation but even on a non Dfs share this occurs.

Logging off again hangs at the User Profile Service and then give a message about partially synchronising before logging off.

If I delete all trace of the TS roaming profile locally and at the share then the process starts again with a good initial login and partial subsequent ones.

Anyone come across this behaviour before? DNS seems ok as far as I can tell. The folder length doesn't exceed the maximum to be copied does it (approx 117 characters)?

Any help appreciated