+ Post New Thread
Windows Server 2008 R2 Thread, User profile cannot be loaded. in Technical; I'm having a few problems creating new accounts. I create a new account but when I try to log this ...
    Thank Post

Question User profile cannot be loaded.

I'm having a few problems creating new accounts.
    I create a new account but when I try to log this account on I get the message 'The User Profile Service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded'.
    We use Classlink 10 here but I get the same error if I just use AD.
    Anyone come accross this before and hopefully have a solution?

Can't talk now: The mother-ship is calling!
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,349 Times in 927 Posts
    Blog Entries
    You don't say if the affected stations are XP or Windows 7. Assuming Vista/Windows 7 searching the error message you supplied gives:

Link: Error message: "The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded

From that page:

This error may occur if the "Do not logon users with temporary profiles" Group Policy setting is configured.
    I can't find any links that deal with solving this on a network [so that you don't have to go to each station] but in this thread:

Link: The User Profile Service service failed the logon. the user profile cannot be loaded

on TechNet there is a post where someone says he has solved it [on Vista]

YES!!! i solved itThis might not apply to you tory, but there are plenty of online solutions for it.

In my case, the hidden file -NTuser.dat in the hidden folder C:\Users\Default became a notepad (.txt) document.

I suspect this was why vista was unable to use the default user to create a new user at first logon. To whoever else has similar problems, i would reccommend setting file options so that hidden files are visible, and make sure that NTuser.dat, ntuser.dat.log1, etc are in the C:\Users\Default folder.

I copied the NTuserdat from a xp computer and put it on my vista computer, and have been able to successfully create a new account. Just ask a friend to get it for u off thier vista computer and put it on a usb for you.
    Make sure NTuser.dat, ntuser.dat.log1 remain unopenable programs (do not set default open to word text) and everything should be sweet after that.

I hope this advice rly helps everyone else out there with the same problem. I spent ages searching for this solution, found none, but im really chuffed that i figured it out on my own.
    If you could adapt this and try it on a station this may give you a clue as to how to solve your problem.

I will watch this thread.

If you are still having problems tomorrow I will compare my stations' Registry with the Registry shown in this video:

[His voice/presentation is somewhat annoying and there are point in the video where he does not seem sure what to do next but he claims to have the solution. Perhaps this will be helpful to you?]

HTH.

DaveP.

3. Thanks to DaveP from:

steve_nfi (2nd December 2011)

Thank Post
    Thanks for that. I forgot to put that it is Windows 7. Just seemed odd that all other users can logon Ok until I try to create a new one.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 1,036 Posts
    Multiple machines or one?

If 1 look for a registry entry hklm/software/Microsoft/Windows nt/current version/profile list. It will have a load of uuids and if one ends in .bak delete reatart and try to login again.

Thank Post
    Multiple machines. You go on any machine and get the same error.

Thank Post
    Does the user need to have a specific profile set in their AD user properties, but this is wrong or missing? I got this message back when first using Windows 7 - the users were trying to load XP profiles with no .v2 profile existing.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 1,036 Posts
    Multiple machines. You go on any machine and get the same error.
    Not likely to be what i have said but worth a check

Quote Originally Posted by 3s-gtech View Post
    Does the user need to have a specific profile set in their AD user properties, but this is wrong or missing? I got this message back when first using Windows 7 - the users were trying to load XP profiles with no .v2 profile existing.
    If you give the group write permissions to the root folder (without propergating the permission) on the profile share - if no profile is there it will automatically create you a profile from the default one on the domain.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread