+ Post New Thread
Windows Server 2008 R2 Thread, WDS in Technical; has anyone ever seen this error this is my 2nd install of wds same error im trying to create an ...
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries

WDS

has anyone ever seen this error this is my 2nd install of wds same error im trying to create an answer file for windows 7 ent 64bit

17:34 :
    17:34 : Windows SIM was unable to generate a catalog. For troubleshooting assistance, see the topic: 'Windows System Image Manager Technical Reference' in the Windows OPK or Windows AIK User's Guide.
    17:34 :
    17:34 : System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The specified image file did not contain a resource section

Server stack trace:
    at Microsoft.ComponentStudio.ComponentPlatformInterfa ce.WimImageInfo.PreCreateCatalog()
    at Microsoft.ComponentStudio.ComponentPlatformInterfa ce.OfflineImageInfo.CreateCatalog()
    at Microsoft.ComponentStudio.ComponentPlatformInterfa ce.CatalogCreatorImpl.CreateCatalog(OfflineImageIn fo offlineImageInfo)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink ._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink .SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleRe turnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateI nvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
    at Microsoft.ComponentStudio.ComponentPlatformInterfa ce.ICatalogCreator.CreateCatalog(OfflineImageInfo offlineImageInfo)
    at Microsoft.ComponentStudio.CatalogGenerator.CreateC at(ProgressDialog pd, Object o)

Thank Post
    I encountered that today, I got round it by copying the source directory on the Windows disk onto the server and ensuring I had write access to that folder.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    what version of windows server are you running and what bit

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread