+ Post New Thread
Windows Server 2008 R2 Thread, Minor issue with new 2008 r2 dc in Technical; Hi, Today we upgraded our new 2008r2 member server to our new DC, and everything seems fairly peachy, with very ...

Thank Post

Minor issue with new 2008 r2 dc

Hi,

Today we upgraded our new 2008r2 member server to our new DC, and everything seems fairly peachy, with very few problems.
    Previously we had 2 dc's with replication occuring between them (2003 r2 btw).
    Now we have one remaining 2003 r2 dc, with our 2008 r2 dc replicating to it. The other 2003 r2 dc was demoted to a member server,
    Before leaving tonight, we just tested our workstations (xp sp3), and not all of the gpo restrictions seem to be being applied, and logon seemed a bit slower than normal.
    The rest of logon seemed okay, and the profile loaded okay, and mapped drives seemed to be working okay as well, just things like disabling of context menu(right click) was not working, as well as our customised start menu etc.

Having a little browse through the SYSVOL folder on the new DC, and 2003 DC, and the number of policies (in folders) was different between the two DC's by two! Is it possible that replication has not yet completely occured, and the other policies will pop up tommorow?

Is there anyway to check that replication has occured correctly, or is there something else we might be missing?

Cheers
    Mark

Thank Post
    Sounds like it hasn't fully replicated yet. If you check in event viewer, not sure which one but it will tell you if there are any errors.

Thank Post
    Will check tommorow morning, as I have left now...I guessed as much, but will check eventvwr tommorow.
    I suppose I could always run gpmc.msc on both servers, and look for any surprises..

Thanks for your help.

Thank Post
    Group Policies can halt during replication for any number of reasons. You can, however, manually copy them into the 2003's SYSVOL and all should be peachy.
    Last edited by TheMinister; 1st June 2011 at 06:56 AM. Reason: (Spelling Mistake)

Thank Post
    I have a feeling, a rogue loopback policy may have found its way in there somewhere, as during the process, we were discussing it. A fresh set of eyes will see fit today!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread