+ Post New Thread
Windows Server 2008 R2 Thread, Papercut (or alternative) in Technical; I am currently designing and implementing a new Active Directory domain and am looking for a cashless solution to provide ...

Thank Post

Papercut (or alternative)

I am currently designing and implementing a new Active Directory domain and am looking for a cashless solution to provide an account for our students to pay for printing, catering and library fines.

Ideally I would like students to be able to credit a single account for all purposes.

Any suggestions or recommendations would be appreciated.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,291 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Just to throw a spanner in the works...what happens when a GCSE teacher insists their exam students have loads of credit for their coursework....and they then spend it all on burgers in the canteen?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    Just to throw a spanner in the works...what happens when a GCSE teacher insists their exam students have loads of credit for their coursework....and they then spend it all on burgers in the canteen?
    Well, it's their money, they can spend it on whatever they want. If they want to print they will have to top up their account.

It is a University environment, students will be responsible for keeping the accounts in credit. The idea is that they can use their University ID card as a payment mechanism on campus, ie for library fines, catering purchases and printing credit.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    Have different 'purses' set on the account, so when you got to top up you have your purse options, printing, canteen, etc etc. Stops money being spent on the canteen if it's for printing.
    Using pcounter here.

Thank Post
    I suggest a good company to approach would be cunninghams - EPoS Systems Cash Registers Their website focusses on Epos, but they also do the other systems you're interested in and are usually willing to work with you to integrate systems you already have into their back end. We don't use them ourselves, but we are looking at them as a possiblity for our new build. They had a good demo of all the bits and pieces they offer at Bett and it all seemed to work pretty well from what I saw.

Mike.

Thank Post
    Here, we use Print Manager Plus:Print Manager | Monitor, Control and Restrict Printing with Print Manager Plus

The features are all listed on the URL provided, and we have found it very reliable and very cost effective. It ties in with AD and just to touch on a point made by a previous poster, you can simply allocate more fund to students account whenever you wish.

We don't actually take any money from staff or students, but we do have an auto increment that allocates credit to them once a month.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by maniac View Post
    I suggest a good company to approach would be cunninghams - EPoS Systems Cash Registers Their website focusses on Epos, but they also do the other systems you're interested in and are usually willing to work with you to integrate systems you already have into their back end. We don't use them ourselves, but we are looking at them as a possiblity for our new build. They had a good demo of all the bits and pieces they offer at Bett and it all seemed to work pretty well from what I saw.

Mike.
    Mike,

We do use Cunninghams here for our cashless catering system, and it's possibly the most reliable service we have. It ties in well with SIMS.net, and the student registration is very easy to do as far as I'm aware. If you ever want any more information from a site that actually uses it on a daily basis, please just send me a PM and I'll be happy to help.

Thank Post
    You should check out PaperCuts Payment Gateway integration...Online Payment Gateways - Recharging Balance - Tour - PaperCut

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread