+ Post New Thread
Windows Server 2008 R2 Thread, Windows 2008 Group Policy in Technical; Im having a spot of trouble with windows 2008 group policy. We have two servers in our domain a windows ...

Thank Post

Windows 2008 Group Policy

Im having a spot of trouble with windows 2008 group policy. We have two servers in our domain a windows 2003 server and a 2008 server. The old 2003 server is being phased out and the only thing still running on it is sims. The problem i have is that when I setup the headteachers new computer and told her to set a password it tells me that every single password is not complex enough. Even if it is !!! also ive disabled the complexity rule in both the default domain policy (on both servers) and even created my own GP for the head teacher. In the end i had to manually set her password from users and computers and that worked perfectly.

Can anyone help with this frustrating issue

Thank Post
    Did you actually disable the complexity requirements or set it as 'not configured'? Just wondering if the Local Policy could be enforcing any requirements if you didn't 'disable' it at a higher level.

Also, I'm assuming you tried multiple passwords yourself of varying complexities? Could be worth trying to change the password directly on the machine again to see if it now works, could just be one of those weird things that computers do every now and again

Is the Server 2003 set as a DC or just a Domain Member also?

Thank Post
    the 2003 is set as a DC aswell ive just transfered the roles across (waiting on capita now). Ive disabled the role everywhere. With vista does the local policy also play a role ? because with xp and 2003 the roles just came from the server

Thank Post
    They certainly do with Windows 7 so id assume its the same with Vista. I always remember the order of inheritence as LSDOu (Local, Site, Domain, Ou).

That's why I asked if you'd disabled or set as not configured. Though you can only have 1 lot of password requirements (without going into 2008s PSOs)it could be worth checking out.

If it were me though I'd leave everything as it is if it works fine elsewhere and join a workgroup with the comp, delete the AD object for the comp before rejoining it to the domain.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread