+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Windows Server 2008 R2 Thread, EX2010 SP1 has broken OWA!!! in Technical; Upgraded to Exchange 2010 SP1 this morning and now it appears to have broken core functions within OWA. 1) I ...

Thank Post

Exclamation EX2010 SP1 has broken OWA!!!

Upgraded to Exchange 2010 SP1 this morning and now it appears to have broken core functions within OWA.

1) I am now unable to delete messages (from any folder). I get this very helpful message: An unexpected error occurred and your request couldn't be handled.

2) I am unable to save changes to any options such as signatures, out of office, inbox rules etc.... Again, a very helpful message: Sorry! We're having trouble processing your request at the moment. Please try again later.

I get these 2 errors in the application log whenever I try something above:

WebHost failed to process a request.
    Sender Information: System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostingEnvironment+Host ingManager/30542218
    Exception: System.ServiceModel.ServiceActivationException: The service '/EWS/exchange.asmx' cannot be activated due to an exception during compilation. The exception message is: This collection already contains an address with scheme http. There can be at most one address per scheme in this collection.
    Parameter name: item. ---> System.ArgumentException: This collection already contains an address with scheme http. There can be at most one address per scheme in this collection.
    Parameter name: item
    at System.ServiceModel.UriSchemeKeyedCollection.Inser tItem(Int32 index, Uri item)
    at System.Collections.Generic.SynchronizedCollection` 1.Add(T item)
    at System.ServiceModel.UriSchemeKeyedCollection..ctor (Uri[] addresses)
    at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHost..ctor(Type serviceType, Uri[] baseAddresses)
    at System.ServiceModel.Activation.ServiceHostFactory. CreateServiceHost(Type serviceType, Uri[] baseAddresses)
    at System.ServiceModel.Activation.ServiceHostFactory. CreateServiceHost(String constructorString, Uri[] baseAddresses)
    at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostingEnvironment.Host ingManager.CreateService(String normalizedVirtualPath)
    at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostingEnvironment.Host ingManager.ActivateService(String normalizedVirtualPath)
    at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostingEnvironment.Host ingManager.EnsureServiceAvailable(String normalizedVirtualPath)
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostingEnvironment.Host ingManager.EnsureServiceAvailable(String normalizedVirtualPath)
    at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostingEnvironment.Ensu reServiceAvailableFast(String relativeVirtualPath)
    Process Name: w3wp
    Process ID: 4324

Outlook Web App couldn't connect Exchange Web Services due to a configuration error. Response code = "500".

Has anybody else had any issues?

Thank Post
    The SP1 upgrade went on without a hitch for me. I'm liking the tweaks to OWA in SP1. Sorry to hear your having problems. Did you install all 4 of those MSU's from code.msdn.microsoft.com?

Thank Post
    Did you run the service pack from an administrator elevated command prompt?

Thank Post
    Yep all installed, although I had 5! I had to phone MS for this one: An ASP.NET 2.0 hotfix rollup package is available for Windows 7 and for Windows Server 2008 R2

I didn't run it from an evelated cmd prompt. Just ran setup.exe. It appeared to install fine, no complaints, except for the missing hotfixes.

Thank Post
    this is what annoys me about MS lately, why cant they just get setup's to auto install dependancies?!

Thank Post
    Yeah, I have no idea why it can't just say "these updates are required" and give you the option of automatically downloading/installing them. It's a right pain in the backside to download each one by hand, especially as you can't even click or copy and paste them!

Thank Post
    i had to copy/paste the entire progress into notepad then go thru it to find the links..
    Got them all installed and rebooting, but the SP install will need to wait til tomorrow

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,633 Times in 1,940 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DrCheese View Post
    It's a right pain in the backside to download each one by hand, especially as you can't even click or copy and paste them!
    They are all listed here...
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../bb691354.aspx

Thank Post

I'm having the same problem...

Hi,

I'm having exactly the same probelm as you, SP1 applied (with elevated permissions, just a bad force-of habit I guess), applied all 4 pre-requisites and everything installed nicely.

When I try and access OWA, I can read emails fine, but as with you, I can't delete them, change settings and a few other things.

Perhaps this'll teach me to not apply patches into production on the day of release. Grr!!

Thank Post
    I have a call open with Microsoft so when/if I get an answer i'll stick it up here. Glad i'm not the only one

Thank Post
    Ok.... I had a host header in the site bindings for the default web site in IIS. Not sure why or how that got there. Removing that, run iisreset from cmd prompt and it's now working again.

12. Thanks to adamf from:

AngryTechnician (27th August 2010)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,212 Times in 761 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adamf View Post
    Ok.... I had a host header in the site bindings for the default web site in IIS. Not sure why or how that got there. Removing that, run iisreset from cmd prompt and it's now working again.
    Interesting. Was this discovered during troubleshooting with MS? If so, are they saying that isn't a supported configuration?

Thank Post
    It was discovered through troubleshooting with MS. They didn't actually say it's not a supported config.

15. Thanks to adamf from:

AngryTechnician (27th August 2010)

Thank Post
    is SP1 RTM or beta?

Thank Post
    It was RTM

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast