+ Post New Thread
Windows Server 2008 R2 Thread, MDOP 2010 in Technical; ...

Thank Post

MDOP 2010

OK, heres the thing we've got the option of getting the mdop pack on our licensing agreement but it will cost just over a £1000... the products in particular I was interested in are APP-V the diagnostic tools, inventory and advanced GP.

With regards to App-v is this a better way to deploy than say a standard config manager package - we've been running Novell Zenworks 7 up until this year but wish to get rid of as it isnt compatible with vista/win7...but I do like the way that zenworks publishes to a seperate part of the start menu or application launcher.

Any advice here, because if we do go for it we will have to justify the need for the purchase to the business manager.

also with App-v, is it pretty heaver on server load and network bandwidth? We currently locally install 'chunky' commonly used apps such as office and macromedia and deploy on demand any others - with deep freeze on the machines wiping those extra programs on reboot (Although we want to get rid of DF).

cheers

Jack

Thank Post
    What type of license agreement are you getting? IIRC the MDOP is a Software Assurance benefit and, as such, is bundled with a Schools Agreement if you license the desktop pack.

Thank Post
    all i know is the parent program is schools 3, we have enterprise desktop CALS but apparantly they are Sans MDOP, according to our licensing supplier, you have to pay extra and that it apparantly it states that its an option 'available' to Software assurance customers, but not included....

its a little vague if you ask me.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread