+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Windows Server 2008 R2 Thread, Sysvol? I'm confused in Technical; Originally Posted by leco It's OK Witch I think I'm done with my current confusion anyway. It'll be replaced with ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by leco View Post
    It's OK Witch I think I'm done with my current confusion anyway. It'll be replaced with another very shortly no doubt.

The one that springs to mind immediately - Windows update won't let you from the web site, sends you back to the management console (well it does on mine) so when I hadn't got the proxy set up correctly it failed.

ps. I think there is a "gotcha" list somewhere on here, must find and read now I'm in the midle of the change!

if internet explorers proxy is set right you can pull updates from windows update (assuming your proxy server allows you) but you do have to use the control panel app not a web browser.

Removing the share icons is a bit of a pita but al least if you select them it does show in the status bar

main annoyance ive found is it dosent seem to like adding the same printer twice. So say ive got a colout copier what i usually do is install drivers call it copier1mono set defaults to mono and share as appropriate, then using the same port add the same printer again with a different share name and colour defaults meaning people dont have to edit driver settings just select the correct printer. With r2 you CAN so this but it only seems to shows one of the 2 printers pressing f5 switches between them

Thank Post
    Printers! Huh tell me about it - I'm doing battle with those currently also. The print server is 64bit (I have some 64bit workstations) trying to add 32bit drivers (even though it can be done as in there is a tick box for it) is a pain. I found a post on here (powdarrmonkey I think) said to add them from the workstation instead. That works a treat.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by leco View Post
    Printers! Huh tell me about it - I'm doing battle with those currently also. The print server is 64bit (I have some 64bit workstations) trying to add 32bit drivers (even though it can be done as in there is a tick box for it) is a pain. I found a post on here (powdarrmonkey I think) said to add them from the workstation instead. That works a treat.
    never seems to work for me but i can usually find x86 drivers that i can do on the server

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12