+ Post New Thread
Windows Server 2008 R2 Thread, School booking system on Server 2008 R2 in Technical; We are currently using the Devizes School Booking system which has been a great piece of software on 2003 but ...
    Thank Post

School booking system on Server 2008 R2

We are currently using the Devizes School Booking system which has been a great piece of software on 2003 but the only trouble is now, we are planning on moving over to Server 2008 R2 over the summer and I am having massive problems with accessing the database.

I have checked the permissions on the "databases" folder, they are all ok and made sure the settings in the asp files are correct.

I have narrowed it down to the ODBC driver not having the correct drivers in for the *.mdb file where the databases are stored, but i cannot, for the life of me get the 32 bit ODBC drivers to work on the 64 bit ODBC drivers.

The 64 bit drivers are located in System32\odbcad32.exe and the 32 bit drivers are located in SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe.

Can anyone help me out on this issue? A lot of the web suggestions say

"run C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe

this should bring the odbc Data source administrator (see if you have the 32 bit drivers listed for Microsoft access )
    if you see it, set up your DSN ..."

but how do I set up a DSN?

Thanks

Tim
    Last edited by timbo343; 5th March 2010 at 11:12 AM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I'm in the same boat, trying to get it working on 2008 64Bit also.

Have you changed the Application Pool to 32bit? This should kick in the 32Bit JET Drivers... Well thats what all the documentation says but I still can't get it to access the database either!

Let us know if you have any success.

Pete

Thank Post
    I saw your post over the weekend and thought i should let you know that i have managed to get to the database but am now having a problem with the authentication. With regards to the booking system instruction guide, follow the instructions up to moving database files.

Once you have moved the active folder to wwwroot, Run IIS and right click on the Active web folder >>Convert to application >> Then in the new window, click the Select button and select Classic .net AppPool from the drop down list. Click ok, and set the connect as user. I have just used the admin account for now. Once you have set the account, test it.

Now in IIS you have something called Application Pool from the left menu, above sites. Click Application Pools and then right click the Classic .net AppPool >> select set Application Pool Defaults >> under the general section you will see Enable 32bit applications, set this to true and click ok.

Now click Active from default web site and select ASP. In here find enable parent paths and set it to true and save the settings.

Thats how i got the database to run and like i said, im just trying to get the authentication to work, but not having much luck.

Hope this helps

Tim

4. 3 Thanks to timbo343:

FragglePete (14th April 2010), joe90bass (28th July 2011), tazz (29th July 2010)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the info, tried the above but still no joy.

I'll take another closer look later; bloody annoying.

Pete

Thank Post
    Yeah, tell me about it. Hmmm, i dont understand why yours is failing. Ive just managed to get it working on another install of 2008 R2.

Thank Post
    To install AD integration on 2008 r2 server manager - roles - IIS - add roles - under security add windows authentication. Launch IIS click on website - chose authentication - enable windows authentication disable Anonymous authentication. Try logging in all should work fine.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread