+ Post New Thread
Windows Server 2008 R2 Thread, Mcaffee Epolicy Orchestrator in Technical; Anyone managed to get mcaffee epo 4.0 to install properly on server 2008 r2 32bit? Everything goes fine until it ...
    Thank Post

Mcaffee Epolicy Orchestrator

Anyone managed to get mcaffee epo 4.0 to install properly on server 2008 r2 32bit? Everything goes fine until it tries to start services and then everything rolls back and I get the following error message.

ErrorString=FAILURE: Exception caught in UnregisterPerformanceCounters while trying to Unregister Performance Counters with return code [4].

i've looked through the mcaffee forum, and while there is some mention of this there seems to be no fix.

I'm aware 4.0 isn't officially supported on server 2008 till patch 3, how am I supposed to install patch 3 if i can't install epo itself!

Also trying to get hold of epo 4.5 is proving impossible.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tommej View Post
    Anyone managed to get mcaffee epo 4.0 to install properly on server 2008 r2 32bit? Everything goes fine until it tries to start services and then everything rolls back and I get the following error message.

ErrorString=FAILURE: Exception caught in UnregisterPerformanceCounters while trying to Unregister Performance Counters with return code [4].
    Haven't tried on 2008, but if you get it running, be aware Patch 1 may break the service dependencies - I ended up manually recreating them.

Also trying to get hold of epo 4.5 is proving impossible.
    Try asking Andy Naylor at Mouchel. They're leery of making some stuff publically available, but it also depends whether they've got the licences. They're usually happy to send you stuff they don't want everyone using yet.

3. Thanks to pete from:

tommej (4th December 2009)

Thank Post
    Gah, tried to install it with sql 2005 and it's gone in fine. We tried speaking to mouchel helpdesk, though not Andy directly and got told they don't support server 2008 at all! Still waiting to hear back from Darren Miller about it, see if we can get 4.5 anyway. Cheers!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread