+ Post New Thread
Windows Server 2008 R2 Thread, Roaming user profiles problem in Technical; Firstly, I know this one has been brought up a million and one times before and referring back to old ...
    Thank Post

Roaming user profiles problem

Firstly, I know this one has been brought up a million and one times before and referring back to old posts hasn't helped.

So the error I receive is;-

user profile service there was a problem with your roaming profile. You have been logged on with your previously saved local profile.
    Tried changing the display font to medium and logged into another computer font was the wrong size and got the same error message.

SO recent changes. I have created a new partition on a Server 2008R2 box to act as storage for user documents and profiles.

I have migrated one users documents to this server share and it works. I created the new profile share using this guide - Configuring Windows 7 roaming profiles on a Windows 2008 R2 Server | Knowledge for all (and free) ! - I followed this guide obviously substituting the folder name for my own. I went as far as redirecting the app data;- I am redirecting documents etc to a different place.

(Point to note the users were created on server 2003)

Checked the event viewer and get error 7016 'completed Folder redirection Extension Processing in 28611 milliseconds' (this figure varies from 16 milliseconds to this the top end) I also did a GPReport.html and it says Folder Redirection failed.

I think this must be a permissions problem on the folder within the above guide.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thank Post
    Another point to note. When you log in to a windows 7 machine it does create a profile folder in the new Profiles$ share. It seems though its not able to re download it.

Thank Post
    Sound like ACL permissions to me. Try setting up a new profile share and change the permissions to be everyone full control and change a test user to have that share as their profile path to see if it creates it then?

Meldrew

Thank Post
    The guide attached initially seems to be sound its a PICNIC issue. I followed the guide again and all appears to be working.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread