So we have a 2008r2 box running IIS 7.5 that hosts some internal documents. Every so often I add some new stuff but today any file I add does not appear on the website, whilst all existing content is fine.
Eg: there is an existing file called test.txt, this is served fine, however if I add test2.txt I get (when browsing on the server):
Everything looks fine so I don't know where to look. The test files are identical, the permissions are the same, they have the same extension. I have restarted the web service. I am currently unable to restart the server itself but that could be an option later. Oh and if I edit an existing document the new version does show up on the website.
Last edited by sparkeh; 12th June 2014 at 11:56 AM.
*ahem* Never let it be said that I don't put my hands up when I do something stupid.
I was working on a different machine to usual which was hiding file extensions, so when I named a file test2.txt it was actually test2.txt.txt which IIS didn't like.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)