+ Post New Thread
Windows Server 2008 R2 Thread, Trust relationship between two LGFL domains in Technical; Hi there Just wondering if anyone out there has any experience of doing this or whether it is even possible ...

Thank Post

Trust relationship between two LGFL domains

Hi there

Just wondering if anyone out there has any experience of doing this or whether it is even possible across the LGFL WAN?

We have three separate schools which are all federated - two of which are in the same physical location and have their own domain, then one which is half a mile down the road and again has a separate domain of its own. Ideally we would like to be able to unify email across all sites and people to be able to access their work irrespective of their physical location.

I have some previous experience of trust relationships between two domains but this was when I was working at an LA and there we had a dedicated line going between the two physical sites. I basically just want to find out whether or not it is possible or if it is just a pipe dream as we would never be able to secure the funding to get a physical line put in between the two schools!

Any thoughts/opinions appreciated!

Cheers

John

Thank Post
    We have a trust relationship running over WAN, 100mbps between sites. Works okay - but needs more resiliency in our case. Can't see why yours won't work, but it depends what firewalls and routing are between you. Make sure you have DNS hosted between sites rather than using the LAs servers. What email system are you using, or planning on? I'd guess Office 365 supports Linked Users as Exchange does - that's how we did it.

Thank Post
    No trust between schools but I have kit (for off-site backup and I have a spare DC) at another school local to us, both LGfL 2.0. Atomwide can setup any to any firewall rules between sites quite easily if you get the nominated contacts at both sites to raise a case on the support site - even easier if you are the NC at both sites.

Once you've got that sorted and any appropriate routing in place, no reason why it shouldn't work.

Thank Post
    Thanks guys, I'll speak to Atomwide.

Thank Post
    re email, here at the girls school we use the LGFL hosted exchange service - down the road they have their own exchange server. I've not really got to a point of thinking exactly how we'd go about unifying the email, I guess one of the reasons to get this set up in the first place is to try out a few different options and see what is workable

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread