Afternoon all

I generally take the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" approach to stuff, so now it's broke and I need to fix it! lol ..

Well, I say broken, it sort of works, but staff aren't going to like the way it does. Let me explain instead of being so darn cryptic! (honest, I'm a techy, not a teacher trying to explain this! lol)

We've changed broadband provider and I've been pushing out the new settings for the broadband to the computers through GPP, as I've done for a few years, and the settings seem to have taken (which is good) however, the proxy settings are now locked in and when a staff member takes their laptop home with them they can't get any internet access on it as the proxy settings are just for in school.

I'm now trying to get the laptops in question to realise new settings using GPP, but noticed I only have IE 5 & 6, IE 7 and IE 8 in there. I've tried adding the IE11 Admin files and changing the relevant xml file as per How to enable Group Policy Preferences support for IE9, but I'm just not seeing anything different, so HELP! What do I need to do to manage IE11 from my 2008R2 SP1 server? do I need to install ALL the 2012/8 Admin Templates, if so, are they backwardly compatible with 2008R2/7 setups?

Any pointers greatly appreciated!

Andy