+ Post New Thread
Windows Server 2008 R2 Thread, Folder re-direction issue in Technical; Just wondering if anyone else has experienced anything like this and if you can suggest a solution. I have recently ...

Thank Post

Folder re-direction issue

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced anything like this and if you can suggest a solution.

I have recently deployed Windows 7 on new computers. DC is running Server 2008 R2. Home shares are on a secondary server.
    The OU in question has only got a few users, and for testing purposes I created a new user by coping one of the users. The test user worked fine on the PC. All other user worked fine on other PC's build as the same batch.
    The PC in question will be mostly user by say "User1". When user1 logged on to the PC, My documents are pointing to C:\users..... I checked the permissions on the server share and made user1 the owner of the folder. Still no redirection. I deleted the profile from the PC and tried again but still nothing.

gpresult for user1 shows that the folder redirection part of the policy is not applied to the user (well there is no mention of that section of the policy). But it does apply for another user within the same OU.

I then changed the home folder name to user1OLD deleted the User1 in AD. and Created a new user with the same name. Windows created a new share for the user with the original name. And guess what, folder redirection still didn't work. Creating a new user with a different name within the same OU worked fine.

So it seems the username is the issue. So is it that the PC has some record of this username? Any ideas on the issue?

Thank Post
    Is there a local user with same name causing it to throw a wobbly?
    Also, maybe create the user with another name then rename AD username etc, keeping the initial home folder details .. Might work.

Thank Post
    No local user with the same account exists on the PC.

I tried the newly created user on a new PC and it worked. So it seems, the PC is storing the old account settings somewhere.

Thank Post
    Off the top of my head have a look in reg edit under:

HKLM/Software/Microsoft/WindowsNT/ProfileList

And see if the user is listed in there. You'll have to scroll each key as the SID will be shown. If in there delete and try again

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread