+ Post New Thread
Windows Server 2008 R2 Thread, Oops... Folder redirection and Sims issue in Technical; Hey Guys A little while ago I was tinkering, to what I though was the virtual testing environment but it ...

Thank Post

Oops... Folder redirection and Sims issue

Hey Guys

A little while ago I was tinkering, to what I though was the virtual testing environment but it was actually the live environment (I was very sleepy that day!) anyway I was playing with redirecting local libraries documents folder to the home drive of all staff on GP. I applied the setting tested it and tried it out and it just didn't work for me so got rid of the policy. Problem being now staff have two Documents folders they have a My Documents that comes with using Home Drives and the redirected My Documents folder and I can't seem to remedy this problem.

We have also just done a major sims install for all teaching staff so they can take the register on Sims, problem being is that Sims won't load and says \\filecloud\shd\%STAFFNAME%\Documents\MY SIMS Documents could not be found! Some user profiles I can just create this path and remedy, albeit looks a mess with 3 My Documents folders the issue being is that the two documents folders that where created by default and one because of the redirection are called "My Documents" but Sims demands a folder called "Documents" without the "My".

Bit of a mess really is there anyway to remedy this situation would be most appreciated!?

Cheers

Thank Post
    Anyone ?

Thank Post
    Bump!!!!

Thank Post
    Did you delete the GPO that you were testing before you changed it back so all of the clients would receive the change? If not - oops.

Are you running Windows 7? If so, then you can use redirection to go to the Home Drive itself and you can name the redirected folder anything you want such as "Documents". We redirect Windows 7 user folders to the H: (Home) drive mapped to the same folder names as the Mac uses for its network home. This means we have one single user home with consistently named folders so it looks just entirely seamless whether on a Mac or PC.

I don't have experience with SIMS and so can't comment on the error of it is some strange quirk with the software itself.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread